Punjab to Regulate Internet Cafes
6 years ago
Punjab Government has decided to legislate the way internet cafes should operate in the province, reported ApnaTime and Sama TV.
Reports said that a bill is being prepared to be tabled in provincial assembly, which will restrict internet cafes to allow easy access to adult content and other morally questioned activities in internet cafes.
It said that internet cafes are widely becoming distributors of adult material including websites, videos, movies and local dances that are ultimately hampering the behavioral attitude of the youth.
In addition internet cafes are also being used for hacking, sending SPAM, threatening emails and for other cyber criminal activates.
Bill is likely to be presented to Mr. Shahbaz Sharif, Chief Minister Punjab, for approval before hitting the provincial assembly.
It is said that bill heavily focuses on the work procedures of internet cafes, after which
- All existing cabins will be removed from internet cafes
- New net cafe owners will be bound not to build cabins
- Internet cafe owners will be bound to get the identity card( CNIC) of their customer and they will also have to save and maintain the record of their customers’ identity cards.
- Internet cafes will remain open between 8 am till 10 pm only.
- If any computer at the cafe is found to have been misused for criminal, anti-social or anti-country activity, the owner of the internet cafe will be held responsible.