National ICT R&D Fund fully funded scholarships for talented students is being offered and scholarship applications will be accepted till 5pm of March 16, 2012.
Students from urban and rural areas from all provinces could apply for scholarship program titled Prime Minister’s National ICT Scholarship Program (PM-NICTSP) for 4-year undergraduate program in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related disciplines in the top ICT universities of Pakistan.
The Scholarship program is being extended to provide opportunity to students who could not benefit from it in Fall 2011 semester. For year 2011 (Extended Spring 2012) there will be no ICT Scholarship Award Test.
National ICT R&D Fund offers fully funded scholarships for talented students from rural/non-metropolitan areas of Pakistan with the objective to develop human resource capacity in ICT fields in Pakistan.
This program is run with the financial collaboration of Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) of Government of Pakistan.
Every year, the organization provide scholarship up to 600 students including all expenses that costs roughly Rs. 350 million to Rs. 400 million.
This year the modified scholarship program for the year 2011 will be conducted due to shortage of time. There will be no ICT Scholarship award test for the program of 2011. The aspiring students will apply for desiring universities of their choice, which is registered with ICT R&D.
Currently, following universities have provided their consent to participate in the National ICT Scholarship Program 2011.
- National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (NU-FAST)
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila
- University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
- Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Nilore, Islamabad
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- GC University, Lahore
- Hamdard University, Karachi
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- GIK Institute of Science & Technology, Topi
- Balochistan University of IT, Engineering & Management Sciences
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
- Bahria University, Islamabad
- National University of Science & Technology (NUST)
- Punjab University College of Information Technology, Lahore
It is the responsibility of the interested students to stay informed about PM-NICTSP participating university selection criteria, entrance exam dates and take the entrance exams for selected universities on their own to be potentially eligible for the scholarship.
The application can be downloaded from this link http://www.ictrdf.org.pk/
isn’t it amazing? Peshawar’s name still absent from the list.. I coudn’t submit my form :(
why is it missing? :S
University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
i am the ICTIAN….
Alas, no offer for tribal areas and northern area..
sir any update about fast ict 2012???
why this scholarship is not given to students of fall 2012