Warid Telecom has launched two interactive mobile apps for its customers. The launch of PakWheels and Hari Bati mobile applications is a key step by Warid Telecom towards service innovation.
Warid has joined hands with PakWheels.com to bring car buying and selling on all Android mobile phones using version 2.1 and above. Customers can buy and sell cars and view price information of popular car models in Pakistan. The PakWheels Android application will allow users to quickly and easily search and locate used cars in their city and also enable them to put their cars up for sale.
In addition to PakWheels, Hari Bati is a fascinating new mobile application by Warid Telecom which has the ability to show street traffic on a map based interface. Allowing users to mark frequently visited routes and receive constant updates regarding the traffic situation directly on their handsets. The application has an in-built notification system which will push alerts to the user when he or she is approaching a traffic jam so that the user can change course and avoid traffic. Both applications are free to download. Applications are only downloadable through a Warid GPRS connection. Once downloaded, updates on the app can be received using a wi-fi connection in addition to using GPRS.
Pak Wheels App:
- Search for a car
- Fine tune your search results through accessible filters (City, Make, Model, Price Range, Type of fuel)
- Post your car for sale and upload your car pictures directly from your mobile
- Call the buyer with in-app call feature
- Email the buyer with in-app email feature
- Look at the price list of new cars
- Upload picture of your car directly through the app and post for sale
- Size: 2.11MB
Hari Bati App
- Convenience login, which allows standard login features and users can connect through their existing Facebook account
- Map interface provides the user with information about the traffic situation in Lahore, with the added facility to forecast traffic for the next 2 hours. Traffic prediction algorithm is an in-built part of the application which works on historical traffic data to work out future conditions
- Users can manage efficient route planning to save time and distance
- Get instant notifications about jams and traffic congestion points
- Users can upload pictures of traffic jams to provide real time updates
- Call emergency services 1122 and 15 and Motorway Police 130 through the in-app call feature
- HariBati application is for Lahore only.
- Size 3.84 MB
How to Download:
- Android users can download both of these apps by visiting: http://m.waridtel.com/ from your smartphones
- Standard GPRS charges apply
- Terms & Conditions apply
Commenting on the launch of these apps, Warid Telecom’s Chief Commercial Officer, Younas Iqbal Sheikh stated, “The proliferation of smart phones in Pakistan has made access to apps and data-based content very easy for our customers and has presented us with an opportunity to be able to better serve their needs. These two apps are the start of a series of similar launches on the Warid network that will enable our subscribers to make the best use of the latest technology.”
Warid Telecom has been providing convenience and flexibility to its customers through various offers and the launch of these new applications is yet another step by Warid Telecom to provide its customers innovative and user friendly services.