Samsung and Ufone have joined hands to launch Samsung Galaxy S4 in Pakistan during the first week of May 2013.
An MoU was signed between both the companies today, under which Ufone will become the exclusive cellular partner for the launch and sale of Samsung Galaxy S4. Ufone said that it will offer Galaxy S4 to its customers at easy instalments, However, no further details were mentioned during the event.
Ufone will make Samsung Galaxy S4 available at its service centres in various cities of Pakistan.
Samsung’s flagship device Galaxy S4 is latest addition to Galaxy series of Samsung, offering possibilities for “Consumers on the go”. Samsung said that it had registered around 10 million pre-orders for the phone which is yet to be launched globally.
Ufone too will soon initiate pre-booking of Samsung Galaxy S4 for the Samsung Smartphone enthusiasts.
Speaking at the event Farid Ullah Jan, head of Mobile phone business at SEPAK said, “In today’s age staying connected on the go is an essential. Samsung Galaxy S4, being a real life companion, goes a step ahead in providing the most advanced user experience that makes consumers’ life richer, simpler and more fun”.
Akbar Khan, Chief Marketing Officer at Ufone, during his notes said that Ufone has this distinction in partnering with Samsung for the co-launch of Galaxy S4 in Pakistan. He said that this initiative has proven that Ufone always takes a lead in the introduction of innovative technology and next generation products for the benefit of its customers. By having this alliance Ufone reiterates that it is best smartphone friendly operator in Pakistan, Akbar added.
Price for Galaxy S4 – at the time of launch – is expected to be around Rs. 70,000
Here are specs for Galaxy S4:
- OS: Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- Chipset: Exynos 5 Octa 5410
- GPU: PowerVR SGX 544MP3
- Dimensions: 5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in
- Weight: 130 g
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.99 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Card slot: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Internal: 16/32/64 GB storage, 2 GB RAM
- Connectivity: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA: 42.2 Mbps; HSUPA: 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared port, microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB On-the-go, USB Host
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Dual Shot, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization, HDR
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP
- Battery: Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery