Ufone supports one of the most crucial matches in this ICC World Twenty20 with screenings in nine different cities across Pakistan.
The match today is between Pakistan and West Indies, current world champions, and this match is a must-win for Pakistan to get through to the semifinals which is a competition between the four top teams.
Both Pakistan and West Indies are in great form but are also highly unpredictable teams – and this match will be anultimate battle between the former’s bowling strengths and the latter’s excellent batting prowess.
The match will start at 6:30 p.m. PST and screening will be held in various localities and marketplaces of cities Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Multan, Hyderabad, Sialkot, and Sukkur and will be open to the public.
Ufone, being the first Telco to do screenings at such a vast level, will make this event as lively as possible by having various activities i.e. bringing in dhol players, placards, and music etc. The idea behind this activity is to ensure that the Pakistani public enjoys a stadium-like atmosphere and feels the nationalism within themselves.
Speaking on this event, Taimur Cheema, General Manager Marketing, Ufone says, “Cricket is one of the strongest binding factors within Pakistan bringing everyone together. Ufone supports this passion and is very excited to be a significant part of it. We hope that the public enjoys the screening of this very important match and wish the Pakistani cricket team the best of luck.”
Here is the list of Venues where Ufone will screen the live match:
- FB area block 9, Near Dastagir School
- Ali Pride, 16 A,Buffer Zone, North Nazimabad
- Omer Farooq Park, Sector 11A, North Karachi
- Al Maida Restaurant near Gaddafi Stadium
- Canal View Society Canal Road
- Siddique Center
- TNT market, G/8/4 Islamabad
- Zarin Garden, near dhoke Saida chowk ,Rawalpindi
- Mohalla Mominabad
- Liberty Market Sialkot Road
- Sultania Park Gulistan Colony
- Pahari Ground
- Hussain Town, Near NFC Boys Hostel
- Naqshband Colony, Near Old FIA Office
- X Block, Near Economics College
- SRTC Ground – Thandi sark- Hyderabad
- Kacha Shahabpura Road Near Pir Snooker Club
- Near warsi pan shop at shadi hall Shalimar Road