PTCL has upgraded its DSL broadband speeds for 4MB customers to 8MB without any extra charge.
An announcement posted on PTCL’s website says that all 4MB DSL customers — who are on feasible lines that can support this upgrade — are automatically upgraded to 8MB DSL broadband speed. All such customers who are upgraded will enjoy double broadband speed without any extra charge till January 31st, 2015.
Starting February 1st, 2015 these upgraded customers will be charged Rs. 2,500/Month till 30th Jun 2015. Then from July 1st 2015, upgraded subscribers will have to pay Rs. 2,999/Month for their 8MB broadband.
Those customers who wish not to pay extra will have to down-grade their speeds back to 4MB plan by calling helpline — and they must do this or otherwise they will be charged extra from dates mentioned above.
We believe this isn’t the right way of offering the customers a benefit, as they are upgraded without consent for a limited time and then they have to take an action after a certain duration to avoid extra charge.
Here are more details about the promotion:
- 4Mbps Subscribers upgraded to 8 Mbps will enjoy the speed without any extra charges till 31st January 2015.
- Unlimited Downloads during promotion period.
- Subscriber continuing with the promo after promotion period will pay discounted charges of Rs. 2,500/Month from 1st Feb 2015 till 30th Jun 2015.
- From 1st Jul 2014, Upgrade subscribers will pay Rs. 2,999/Month.
- 200-GB download cap will be in place from 1st Feb 2015
- Additional GBs at Rs. 100 per GB for extra data usage.
- Billing Cap at Rs. 4,999/Month for 8Mbps — after this virtually unlimited downloads are allowed
- All customer who do not wish to continue with 8Mbps will have to Opt out by calling 1236 and reverting back to 4Mbps.
Tipster: Junaid Ahmed