PTCL is once again upgrading its 1Mbps DSL connections to 2Mbps speeds without any extra charge till March 31st, 2015, said a note published on its website.
Customers can either retain their 2Mbps DSL speeds after the end of promotion period by paying extra (Rs. 1,549 per month) or they can down-grade their DSL speeds back to 1Mbps to keep paying their usual Rs. 1,250 monthly fee.
Here are promotion features:
- 2Mbps Broadband promotion charges: Rs.1,250 per month.
- All Regular 1Mbps customers are being upgraded to 2Mbps.
- Valid Up to 31st March 2015.
- Rs 1,549 will be charged for 2Mbps after promotion period.
- No extra charges will be charged to customer before 31st March 2015.
- All customer who do not wish to continue with 2Mbps will have to Opt out by calling 1236 and reverting back to 1Mbps.
PTCL has been following this practice of forcefully upgrading the DSL speeds for its broadband customers, where they have to opt-out themselves to avoid extra charges.
While customers are usually not happy with such time-bound promotions that charge them more after expiry, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority seems to be okay with it as it has never hindered PTCL in continuing its long-running strategy of upgrading customers without their consent.