by Muhammad Mustafa
IT Park Kohat is an initiative to provide a nurturing environment for technology based business ideas to prosper and become viable contributors to our community and economy. This is also an attempt to bring academia and industry closer to each other by providing students and entrepreneur a platform to commercialize their research, final year projects and other technology based business ideas.
If you want to start your own technology based business and want to maximize your chances of success then IT Park Kohat is the place for you.
Business Incubators are nonprofit entities that provide a range of business services in a nurturing and supportive environment. Business incubators differ from other commercial property and serviced offices by providing business support and advisory services specifically targeting start –ups and emerging businesses and play an important role in the development and growth phase of a client’s business life cycle.
IT Park Kohat will be Technology Incubator of KPK as a means to replicate the concept of incubators in Pakistan.
An environment that attracts and nurtures technology based start-up companies transforming them into commercially viable enterprises.
The vision relies on education and technology inputs especially that is available or developed at our universities from industry, agriculture, health and in all areas and to contribute towards improvement of socio-economic structure of Pakistan.
Functions of IT Park Kohat:
It shall take all such measures as it deems necessary for the promotion, development and financing of IT education and Infrastructure in public and private sector in line with the education policy of Government.
- Establish or cause to be established IT projects.
- Offer internship to University /College students.
- Grant scholarships, stipends, fellowships to students on merit-cum in affordability basis, both in public and private educational institutions, including those run by autonomous bodies
- The development of education in all the sectors with priority being given to female education, primary education, education in rural areas, technical and vocational education.
- Educational and innovation programmes particularly relating to achievement of universal literacy training in skill and trade oriented discipline, functional literacy, particularly in the primary sector, and education of the exceptional disabled, retarded and problem children.
- Schemes for improving the quality and standard of IT education in the privately managed institution.Preparing and submitting schemes to District Government for the development of IT educational programmes and projects including schemes for research and modernization of education