HTC has announced a new serious player in the mid-range smartphone market with the new Huawei Desire 626. The phone comes with a giant display, a 64-bit processor and an affordable price tag.
The 5” display comes with 720p resolution which is just about what we’ve come to expect by now. The design follows the usual HTC design language.
Underneath, you get a 1.2Ghz quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. You also get a duo of 13 and 5 megapixel cameras on the front and back, both capable of 1080p videos.
With great specs and a competitive price point, the Desire 626 could prove to be a big hit
The phone runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat which is customized and should be updated in the near future. The phone comes with support for 4G LTE and optional dual-SIM connectivity. A commonplace 2,000 mAh battery sits at the back.
The most-alluring spec is the price itself. At under $200, HTC may have in its hands an absolute winner at this range. Of course, there’s always more to it than the paper but as far as we know now, it sure looks sweet.
HTC Desire 626 Specs:
- CPU: Cortex-A53
- Chipset: 1.2Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 410
- OS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat (customized)
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 5” with 720p HD resolution
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 32 GB via microSD
- Primary: 13 mp with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture and 1080p video
- Secondary: 5 mp with 1080p video
- Connectivity: 4G, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB,
- Battery: 2,000 mAh battery
- Price: $190