Sony has announced the successor to its recently announced Xperia E3 smartphone, the E4. The smartphone comes with a larger 5” display and a MediaTek chip under the hood.
The design follows a different language to recent Xperia models, with the E4 being much less boxy. The display has qHD resolution which is barely usable now. Underneath you get a 1.3 Ghz MediaTek chip with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage.
At the back lies a 5 megapixel camera with LED Flash and Full HD 1080p video recording at 30fps, certainly a treat at this price point. At the front is a 2 mp HD selfie camera. A 2,300 mAh non-removable battery is found at the back. Sony has promised that the battery life will last for 2 days at the very least.
The Xperia E4 will be available in either Black or White. The OS version is expected to be a customized version of Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Pricing and availability details are unavailable right now.
Sony Xperia E4 Specifications:
- CPU: Cortex A7
- Chipset: 1.3Ghz quad-core MediaTek MT6582
- OS: Customized Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G
- 5” with qHD (540 x 960 pixels) resolution
- IPS capacitive/scratch-resistant
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal: 8 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 32 GB via microSD
- Primary: 5 mp with LED Flash and 1080p video at 30fps
- Secondary: 2 mp HD
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi Direct, Radio, GPS
- Battery: 2,300 mAh battery