Sony’s first entry into the full-size tablet market foray after quite some time has resulted in the new Xperia Z4 tablet. The tablet is a high-end and premium device and it shows in both its specs and looks.
The display of the Xperia Z4 Tablet is a large 10” panel with a stunning 2,560 x 1,600 resolution. It also comes with Sony’s Triluminos Technology and X-Reality Mobile Engine. The design is also decidedly premium, with sharp edges, thin bezels, 6.1mm waistline and IP68 certification, which allows you to take a dip 1.5m underwater for up to 30 minutes.
Underneath, you get the new Snapdragon 810 processor with its two set of quad-core Cortex-A57 processors clocked at 2 and 1.5 Ghz. That alongside 3 GB RAM, Adreno 430, 32 GB memory and up to 128 GB of expandable memory make this tablet a real powerhouse.
There are a duo of 8 and 5 mp cameras on board, with the one at the back coming with 1080p videos, Flash and HDR. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 and a capless microUSB port, a first for a Sony waterproof device. Last is the 6,000 mAh battery.
The pricing of the Xperia Z4 tablet is set at EUR 599 for the WiFi version and EUR 659 for the 4G LTE version in European markets. Pricing for other region is set to follow.
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet Specifications:
- CPU: Quad-core 2 Ghz Cortex-A57 and quad-core 1.5 Ghz Cortex-A57
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Supported Networks: Optional LTE
- Design: IP68-certified, 6.1mm thin
- Display: 10.1” with 2,560 x 1,600 resolution
- Sony Triluminous with X-Reality Mobile engine
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: expandable via microSD by 128 GB
- Primary: 8.1 mp with HDR, 1080p video and flash
- Secondary: 5.1 mp
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi ac, NFC
- Battery: 6,000 mAh
- Price: EUR 559 / EUR 659