While most people expected a flagship device, the Z4, the M4 is still a pretty cool device for what it offers but doesn’t cost as much.
The display is a 5” 720p display with scratch-resistant glass. As is the case with the Z4 Tablet, the M4 comes with IP68 certification which means it is dust-tight and can survive a 1.5m dip for 30 minutes. It also has the same capless microUSB port onboard.
Underneath, you’ll get the mid-range 64-bit Snapdragon 615 chipset, which happens to be octa-core, with 2 GB worth RAM and 8 or 16 GB worth internal storage. At the back sits a 13 mp camera with flash and 1080p video, coupled by a 5 m camera at the front.
For connectivity, you get LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and NFC. The 2,400 mAh battery completes the balance sheet.
Sony M4 Aqua Specifications:
- CPU: Quad-core 1 Ghz and quad-core 1.5 Ghz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Design: IP68-certified
- Display: 5” with 720p resolution
- Scratch-resistant glass
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Internal: 8/16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 32 GB via microSD
- Primary: 13 mp with 1080p video, HDR and Flash
- Secondary: 5 mp
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, Radio, LTE
- Battery: 2,400 mAh
- Price: 299 Euros
The phone will be available for 299 Euros when it’s released this spring in Black, White, Silver and Coral flavours.