Xiaomi has released the Mi 4i, a more affordable alternative to the Mi 4 that’s packed with high end features.
For starters, the Mi 4i comes with a 5-inch FullHD display in a polycarbonate body which replaces the metallic sides and premium looks of the Mi 4. The display panel sports adaptive brightness technology which is dubbed Sunlight display.
The internals of the phone come with a Snapdragon 615 64 bit SOC instead of the Snapdragon 801. The device comes with 2GB of RAM and 16 GB of built-in storage while the graphics are handled by an Adreno 405. The camera department features a 13MP main camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP front camera.
The software side sees a lot of improvement as well as the camera features include beautify and HDR modes with an overhauled design. The phones fits a rather big 3,120 mAh battery under the hood that should last even longer than the Mi 4 and the phone weighs a very light 130g making the phone light and smaller than the Xiaomi Mi 4.
Xiaomi Mi 4i Specifications:
- CPU: Octa-core, Cortex A53 cores 4 clocked at 1.7 Ghz and 4 clocked at 1.1 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Chipset: Snapdragon 615
- OS: MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Design: Polycarbonate unibody
- Display: 5” with 1080p resolution (441 ppi)
- Scratch-resistant glass
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB via microSD
- Primary: 13MP with 1080p video, HDR, beautify mode and dual LED Flash
- Secondary: 5MP
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, FM Radio
- Battery: 3,120 mAh
- Colours: Black, White, Yellow, Blue, Pink
- Price: 205 US Dollars
The software side is covered by MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop with all the Xiaomi features included in the build. The phone supports dual 4G LTE SIMs. The phone comes in five color options and the upper-mid ranger costs a mere $205 dollars making it the cheapest alternative to the mid-rangers and Moto Gs of the world.