Putting weight to all the rumors, Samsung has finally launched a new Galaxy Tab-series tablet, the Galaxy Tab E, initially in Taiwan.
Weighing just 490 grams, the Wi-Fi only Galaxy Tab E features a 9.6-inch (1280×800 pixels) WXGA TFT display.
Under the hood, it is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1.5GB of RAM. In terms of storage, it has 8GB of built-in storage which is expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB). It runs on Android 4.4 KitKat.
On the camera front, it sports a 5-megapixel autofocus rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. The rear camera can record 720p videos at 30fps.
Connectivity options on the tablet include Wi-Fi, Micro-USB with OTG, Bluetooth, and Glonass options. You’ll be pleased to know that the Galaxy Tab E is powered by a healthy 5000mAh battery.
Samsung is expected to introduce a 3G or 4G variant of the tablet as well. This new gadget will be available by end of June at TWD 6,990 in Taiwan (approximately PKR.29, 000). So far, there has been no word on the global release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab E.
Samsung Galaxy Tab E Specifications:
- Display: 9.60-inch
- Resolution: 800×1280 pixels
- Dimensions: 241.90mm x 149.50mm x 8.50mm
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad core
- Front Camera: 2-megapixel
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Operating System: Android KitKat
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- Expandable Storage: MicroSD storage up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 5-megapixel
- Front Camera: 2 mega Pixel
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Micro-USB with OTG, Bluetooth and Glonass options.
- Battery capacity 5000mAh