Following LG’s suit, Samsung has jumped to the flip-phone Android game. Samsung’s solution is even more unique though, with its Snapdragon 808 and dual-screen setup.
Both the displays are of 3.9” size, carry 768p (768 x 1,280 pixels) resolution and have Super AMOLED panels. This might seem wastefulness of resources but in reality, the outside display is meant to meet your media demands.
Under the hood, you get a hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB expandable storage. At the back you get a 16 mp camera with f/1.9, LED Flash and a heart-rate monitor. The front also boasts a 5 megapixel f/1.9 camera.
The G9198 has LTE, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth for connectivity. A 2,020 mAh battery powers the phone. The phone’s model number was previously thought to be that of the Galaxy S6 Mini, so that has been cleared up now.
More details should follow soon in the coming few months, including pricing and availability. Here are the full-specs of the Samsung G9198:
Samsung G9198 Flip Phone Specifications:
- Chipset: Hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Dual-SIM supported
- Dual 3.9” setup, 768p (768 x 1,280 pixels) resolution, Super AMOLED panel
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 16 megapixel, f/1.9, LED Flash
- Secondary: 5 megapixel, f/1.9
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LTE, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB
- Heart rate monitor
- Battery: 2,020 mAh