Oppo announced its new F series of Smartphones at the CES 2016 early this month. The new series of smartphones will cater to the needs of phone photographers. The first phone in the line-up is Oppo F1.
Starting off with the phone’s display, it comes with a 5-inch HD screen. The display is covered with a 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4. Under the hood is a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 clocked at 1.7GHz coupled with 3GB of RAM. There’s 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded with a micro SD card (takes up the second SIM slot). All of this and a 2,500 mAh battery come in a 7.25 mm thin Aluminum unibody.
The phone’s major feature is its 13MP rear camera with an aperture of f/2.2. The front camera has 8 MP resolution and f/2.0 aperture with a sensor size of ¼ inch. Oppo optimizes these camera modules with advanced software features like Beautify 3.0, 8 live color filters and many more plugins which add extra functionality. Oppo says the display can also get bright enough to work as a flash for selfies.
Other than that, the phone will come with Dual-SIM 4G support and run on Android 5.1 based Color OS 2.1. Oppo also teased the F1 Plus immediately after launching the F1. The teaser details that the phone will come with a 4GB version and a 5.5 1080p display just like R7 Plus. The F1 Plus is expected to come with a price of close to $235.
Oppo F1 Specifications:
- CPU: 1.7 Ghz octa-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Snapdragon 616
- GPU: Adreno 405
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Color OS 2.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE Dual-SIM
- Display: 5.0” with 720p resolution (294 ppi)
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71 x 7.3 mm
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB
- Primary: 13 megapixel with 1080p video and software plugins, LED Flash
- Secondary: 8 megapixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: NFC, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, 4G LTE
- Colours: Silk Metal in Gold Rose and Rose Gold
- Battery: 2,500 mAh, Quick Charge supported
- Price: $235