In what may come as a refreshingly pleasant development for those wanting to pursue a quality higher education in Pakistan, recently NUST secured a place in top 150 universities in the world to study.
NUST is ranked at 101 from 150 universities worldwide that are the best for young students to study in. This ranking was publicly revealed in April by Times Higher Education (THE).
About the THE Ranking
According to its website, The Times Higher Education 150 Under 50 Rankings 2016 is a ranking of the top 150 universities under 50 years old. It showcases universities whose young students are most likely to leave a great impact globally in the years to come. It also lists universities that are most likely to produce rising stars for the future.
The ranking takes into account the teaching, research, international outlook, knowledge transfer and citations.
World Reputation Rankings and World University Rankings
THE also has two other rankings that it releases annually – the World Reputation Ranking, and the World University Rankings.
No Pakistani universities made to the World Reputation Rankings 2016, which was publicly released in May 4.
However, 2 Pakistani universities made it to the World University Rankings 2015-2016 when it was released in September 2015. The ranking lists 800 universities and here are the 2 from Pakistan that made it to the list:
- Quaid-e-Azam University – 501 Position
- National University of Sciences and Technology – 601 position
Top 10 Rankings
Top 10 best young universities in the world:
1. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
2. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
3. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
4. Maastricht University, Netherlands
5. Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
6. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
7. University of Konstanz, Germany
8. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
9. Pierre and Marie Curie University, France
10. Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Italy
Top 10 universities that made it to the World Reputation Rankings 2016:
1. Harvard University
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
3. Stanford University
4. University of Cambridge
5. University of Oxford
6. University of California, Berkeley
7. Princeton University
8. Yale University
9. Columbia University
10. California Institute of Technology