Huawei’s Honor 8 is the latest phone in its Honor series, which is known for its affordability. The all glass Honor 8 is by no means a mid range phone. It has similar specifications as the Huawei P9 with half the price tag.
It contains Huawei’s Kirin 950 octa core chip and 2 variants with 3GB and 4GB RAM respectively. It offers upto 64GB of internal storage and Android Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 on the software side.
The front features a 5.2″ 1080p display with an 8mp front camera. The back houses a dual 12mp camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
A 3000 mAh battery is contained within the Honor 8 with a type C slot and fast charging. A rear mounted fingerprint sits a few centimeters below the camera, as is the norm in Huawei’s phones.
The device has a glass body with an aluminum frame on the sides which happens to be the same color as the glass. This is a design choice not seen anywhere else, where even Apple leaves the frame untouched.
There is no word on when the phone will be available internationally. It will be released in China on July 19th. The 3GB RAM, 32GB storage version will cost CNY 1,999 (~Rs 31,000), while the 4GB RAM 64GB version will cost CNY 2,499 (~Rs 39,000).
Huawei Honor 8 Specifications
- CPU: 4x Cortex-A72 2.3 GHz and 4x Cortex-A53 1.8 GHz
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 950
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Emotion UI 4.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, dual-SIM
- Design: Glass body with Aluminum Frame
- Dual Camera Setup
- Rear Fingerprint scanner
- 5.2” IPS display with 1080p resolution (423 PPI)
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: Yes (uses second SIM slot)
- Primary: Dual 12 MP, f/2.2,
- Secondary: 8 MP/ 1080p
- Connectivity: NFC, GPS with GLONASS/AGPS, Bluetooth, USB Type-C
- Colours: White, Black, Gold, Blue Pink
- Battery: 3,000 mAh battery
- Price: CNY 1,999 or 31344 PKR (3GB/32GB), CNY 2,499 or 39184 PKR (4GB/64GB)