Xiaomi’s ultra affordable smartphone brand with top tier specifications, the Redmi series, has received another addition to its portfolio. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was announced today at an event in Beijing, China.
Featuring similar design elements as the previous phones in the series, it has a 5.5 inch 1080p display with 2.5D glass, which is just a fancy name for the slightly curved screen on the edges. It features chamfered edges and a unibody metal design, both of which you see featured in high end phones only.
You get a 5 MP front camera, 13 MP rear camera as well as a fingerprint sensor on the back. Battery capacity is set at 4100 mAh.
Here are some images to keep you going:
Redmi Note 4 comes in 2 variants, a 16GB storage/2 GB RAM model and a 64GB/ 3GB RAM model. It also has a hybrid SIM card tray with dual SIM or with just one SIM card + microSD card options.
The phone is not currently available anywhere other than China. The 16GB/2GB RAM model costs CNY 899 (approx. Rs. 14,150) and the 64GB/3GB RAM model costs CNY 1,199 (approx. Rs. 18,870).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- CPU: 2x Cortex-A72 @2.5Ghz, 4x Cortex-A53 @2.0Ghz, 4x Cortex A-53 @1.4 Ghz
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4 @ 780 Mhz
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio X20
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 8
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, dual-SIM
- Design: Metal Unibody Frame
- 2.5D Glass screen
- Rear Fingerprint scanner
- Chamfered edges
- 5.5” IPS display with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (401 PPI)
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- Internal: 16/64 GB
- Card slot: Yes up to 128GB storage (uses second SIM slot)
- Primary: 13MP f/2.0 with Phase Detection Auto Focus and dual tone LED flash/1080p 30fps
- Secondary: 5MP, allows 85 degree wide angle shots
- Connectivity: GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth, USB Type-C, VoLTE, Wi-Fi
- Colors: Silver, Gold, Dark grey
- Battery: 4100 mAh non removable
- Price: CNY 899 or Rs. 14,150 (2GB/16GB), CNY 1,199 or Rs. 18,870 (3GB/64GB)