The LG G6 had a 18:9 screen that received praise from reviewers around the world because it was the first of its kind. Now LG has ported that unique screen resolution over to its new Q series smartphones.
The three new smartphones in the Q series include:
These phones are very similar to each other and just differ on the basis of their available memory.
All 3 phones are constructed with 7000 series aluminum, which is considered as one of the highest strength aluminum available.
At the front you have the 5.5-inch FullVision 18:9 display which is the same as that on the flagship, G6. The thin bezels on the Q series make the front look a lot like the G6.
All Q Series phones feature a display resolution of 2160×1080, which may not be comparable to that of LG’s flagship G series. However, it is still very decent for a 5.5-inch display.
To keep costs under control, LG has also dropped the fingerprint scanner off the Q series. But it does offer Face Recognition, which LG claims, will help to unlock the phone “faster and with less hassle”.
Processor and Memory
Internally, you get an entry-level Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor which is a significant drop from the Snapdragon 821 processor on the G6. Storage options vary for all Q series smartphones:
- Q6+ comes with a 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage
- Q6 comes with a 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage
- Q6α comes with a 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage
Cameras also remains the same across all three variants, with a 13MP sensor with no dual-lens on board likes its elder sibling. However, you do get a 100-degree wise 5MP camera on the front.
There’s a 3,000mAh battery to keep everything powered. Even though it is lower than that of the G6 (3,300mAh), the Q series should be able to have better battery life because of lower end processors as well as its lower resolution display screens. If optimized properly, the Q series could last for some long good hours before finally shutting down.
OS and Pricing
The entire Q series lineup will also run Android 7.1.1 out of the box with LG’s custom UX 6.0 skin on top.
So far, no announcements have been made of their prices. LG says that they will first launch the phone in “key” Asian markets before rolling them out later in the rest of the world.
LG Q Series Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dimensions: 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 149g
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Display: 5.5” with 2160×1080 resolution, 442 ppi
- Q6+: 4GB/64Gb
- Q6: 3GB/32GB
- Q6α: 2GB/16GB
- Primary: 13 MP, with autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 5MP, 100-degree FOV
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth V4.2, GPS with AGPS, GLONASS/BDS
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Li-ion non-removable
- Colours: Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Marine Blue, Mystic White