OGDCL has launched a need based scholarship program to fulfill the dreams of 130 students from financially weak backgrounds.
The scholarship program allows students to pursue higher education in a multitude of fields including Engineering, Business administration, Law, Archaeology, Defense and Strategic studies, Gender studies, History, Sociology, Animal Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Electronics, Physics, Math, IT, and Pak Studies. Both UG and PG courses are available (though with some restrictions).
The program is specifically tailored for the students belonging from OGDCL operational and concessional districts. A complete list of the areas can be downloaded here.
The objective of the program is quite straightforward. It is to provide underprivileged students, who other wise are capable and on merit, with the financial support to carry out their future education.
The scholarship program will cover the tuition, lodging and boarding fee for 130 deserving students in its first phase this year.
The following conditions must be kept in mind before applying for the program.
- The applicant must belong from one of the operational/concessional districts of OGDCL.
- Students need to get an admission on the basis of merit first in any of the 9 partner universities.
- Only those students which are enrolled in the first semester/year in the courses offered by the partner universities are eligible to apply.
- The financial background of a candidate will determine their neediness. So students from remote areas with weaker financial conditions will be preferred.
Some additional points regarding the offered programs are given below.
- All scholarships in Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU)m are offered for 02 years Masters Programs only.
- All scholarships in International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI) are offered for Bachelors only.
- All scholarships in Engineering disciplines in various universities are offered for Bachelors only.
How to Apply
The application process is quite simple and straightforward.
Fill out this online application form. Afterwards the printed scholarship form will be submitted along with the supporting documents to the financial aid office of the partner university.
A Great Initiative
OGDCL spent Rs 141 million on the program and have said it is their social corporate responsibility to do so. With all the negativity in today’s media, steps like these must be commended.
We hope more institutions follow this act and slowly but surely change the educational landscape of our nation.