277 Earthquake Affected Schools to Be Reconstructed in AJK

The Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) government, with financial assistance from the Islamic Development Bank, is going to launch two mega projects targeting the education sector.

Official sources say that two projects – “Basic Education for All” and “Support to Basic Education Development” – would be completed at a cost of over Rs. 5 billion.

Project Details

Under the “Support to Basic Education Development” project, about 277 schools would be reconstructed in the region. These schools were damaged in an earthquake.

Sources say that construction work on these schools would be completed by the end of next year.

Preliminary work for both the projects has been completed. The Islamic Development Bank will bear 90 percent of the expenses while AJK government will cover the remaining 10 percent.

Turkey to Train Teachers

Meanwhile, a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) is also expected to be signed between the Turkish and Pakistani administrations.

Under the MOU, teachers would be trained under modern techniques and methods to improve their performance.

Similarly, 13 thousand teachers across the state would be recruited through NTS to overcome teaching staff shortage in schools.