Meizu’s latest Smartphone might give Xiaomi a run for its money. Meizu M6 Note is a strictly mid-range smartphone with the price of an entry-level one.
Coming in at a price of $164 it aims to compete directly with Xiaomi’s budget Redmi series. Meizu hasn’t released a phone with a Snapdragon processor in quite some time which makes the M6 Note all the more important.
Design and Display
The design is a low-key affair, featuring a clean metal-based build. It’ll be available in Black, Blue and Gold.
The display itself comes with a 5.5-inch IPS panel with 1080p resolution. Below it is a fingerprint scanner on an otherwise bland and generic front.
Internals and Storage
Under the hood, you get a Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU and several RAM and storage combos. The 3 GB RAM variant comes with either 16 or 32 GB storage, while the 4 GB version amps it to 64 GB. Storage is expandable via a microSD card slot, so you won’t go wrong with any variant you buy.
The phone comes pre-loaded with Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Flyme OS and is Dual SIM by default.
The dual-camera setup here is one of the most-accessible for its price. Meizu M6 Note comes with a 12 MP main Sony IMX362 camera alongside a secondary 5 MP camera and a 4-LED Flash setup.
The software tricks include the bokeh effect and depth sensing. The focusing time is also said to be a fast 0.03 seconds. The camera on the front has the highest resolution at 16 MP. All the cameras are capable of 1080p video.
The battery capacity is set at 4000 mAh, which is aided by 18W fast-charging. Flyme OS is well optimized and might get you a 2 day long battery life owing to the low power SoC (Snapdragon 625).
Meizu M6 Note Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core 2 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Flyme OS 6.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- 5.5” IPS LCD with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (401 PPI)
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 16/32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes, upto 256 GB
- Primary: Dual 12 MP + 5 MP, f/1.9, phase detection autofocus, quad-LED (dual tone) flash, 1080p
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0, 1080p
- Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB-C, GPS, Wi-Fi, headphone jack
- Battery: 4000 mAh; 18W fast-charging (mCharge)
- Price: $164