Overseas Pakistani workers have remitted US $6.44 billion in the first four months (July to October) of FY18, compared with US $6.30 billion received during the same period in the preceding year.
During October 2017, the inflow of worker’s remittances amounted to US $1,654.45 million, which is 27.87% higher than September 2017 and 5.99% higher than October 2016.
The country wise details for the month of October 2017 compared to October 2016 are listed below:
- Saudi Arabia: US $461.07 million down from US $470.19 million
- UAE: US $333.57 million down from US $358.38 million
- USA: US $215.64 million up from US $183.26 million
- UK: US $270.46 million up from US $173.4 million
- GCC countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar and Oman): US $184.76 million down from US $183.13 million
- EU countries: US $51.12 million up from US $35.36 million
Remittances received from Norway, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Japan and other countries during October 2017 amounted to US $137.83 million together as against US $157.30 million received in October 2016.