SSGC Increases LPG Prices Across the Country
3 days ago
Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) has increased the price of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) price by Rs. 5/ kg countrywide. SSGC also has increased the Commercial LPG cylinder price by Rs. 200 and domestic cylinder price up by Rs. 50.
After this increase, LPG price in different cities is as follows.
- Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Jhelum, Kasur, Sahiwal, Sialkot, Daska, Peshawar per kg price of LPG will go up to Rs. 110 and domestic use cylinder price will be Rs. 1,270
- Multan, Bahawalpur, Yazman, DG Khan, DI Khan, Abbottabad, LPG Price Per kg is Rs. 120 and domestic cylinder price stands at Rs. 1,390.
- Rahim Yar Kahn, Sadiqabad, Attock, Mirpur (AJK), Murree, Nathia Gali, Mirpur Khas, Hyderabad LPG price is Rs. 130 per kg and domestic cylinder price goes up to Rs. 1,510.
- Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Muzaffarabad, Bagh, FATA, Kotali, Nawabshah, Thatta, Dadu, Jamshoro, Shaikrpur, Umerkot, Per kg price of Rs. 135 and domestic cylinder will now cost Rs. 1,570.
- Gilgit, Balakot, Hunza, Skardu, Rs. 140 per kg and domestic cylinder price goes up to Rs. 1,630.
According to LPG Association, SSGC increased this price after Federal Government imposed a levy on imported LPG. In-country LPG consumption is 4500 tons, out of which 2000 tons are produced locally, the rest (2500 tons) is imported.
Chairman and Founder LPG Industries Association of Pakistan, Irfan Khokhar, declared this price hike as the 1st gift for winters by the SSGC. He said that the government imposed a levy and this resulted in increased prices.
“Petroleum Division has issued a notification on 2 Nov 2017 to impose a levy on LPG import.” He further said, “Levy tax on Local LPG was supposed to end the difference between local & imported LPG which was supposed to reduce LPG prices for poor consumers of LPG in Pakistan.”