Six specialized training schools established in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have so far imparted training to 16,696 police officers and jawans in the police force. According to a police spokesman, there was a strong need to build the capacity of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police to bring it on par with its contemporaries across the world.
Police Schools Across KPK
In order to accomplish this goal, six specialized schools were established in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. These included:
- Police School of Investigation Hayatabad, Peshawar. Established on June 18, 2014.
- Police School of Intelligence Abbottabad. Established on October 3, 2014.
- Police School of Public Disorder and Riot Management Mardan. Established on January 1, 2015.
- Police School of Explosive Handling Nowshera. Established on February 9, 2015.
- Police School of Tactics Hayatabad, Peshawar. Established on August 18, 2015.
- Police School of Information Technology Police Line, Peshawar. Established on September 8, 2015.
Capacity Building Courses
Different capacity building courses of two and four weeks are being offered in these schools, which include:
- Core Investigation.
- Cellular Forensics.
- Hot Spot Policing.
- Case File Management.
- Basic and Technical Intelligence Course.
- Intelligence Orientation.
- Basic Computer Course.
- Computer Learning.
- Target Harding Course for Field Commanders.
- Public Disorder Management.
- Advanced EOD.
- Post Blast Investigation.
and some others.
Trainees From Different Institutes
A total of 15,145 police officers and Jawans received basic training in different courses held in these schools from time to time. In Police School of Investigation Hayatabad Peshawar 197 courses were conducted in which 4,219 Jawans including 4,088 male and 131 female officers were trained.
In Police School of Intelligence Abbottabad, 114 courses were held in which 2,649 police officers and Jawans including 2,574 male and 75 female officers underwent training.
Similarly, 100 courses were conducted in Police School of Explosive Handling Nowshera where 2,199 officers and Jawans including 2,118 male and 81 female officers were trained while in Police School of Public Disorder and Riot Management Mardan, 73 courses were held where 2,997 officers and Jawans including 2,945 male and 52 female officers received important training.
Likewise, 65 courses were conducted in Police School of Tactics, Hayatabad Peshawar where 1,232 officers and Jawans including 1,224 male and 8 female officers were given training.
In Police School of Information Technology Peshawar a total of 84 courses were arranged, teaching 3,400 officers and jawans including 3,340 male and 60 female officers about computer related skilss.
It may be recalled that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police has engaged highly qualified specialists from across the country to deliver lectures to the participants in these schools.