The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The aim of the Gates Cambridge program is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
What is included in the scholarship?
- A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers
- the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees
- maintenance allowance
- travel costs
- Additional discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
You can check your eligibility by filling the form available here.
How to Apply?
Deadline: 6th, December, 2017
2018/19 Applications will open on 4 September 2017.
Applicants must submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarship – via the University’s Graduate Applicant Portal. There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 11 October 2017 (US citizens resident in the USA) and 6 December 2017/4 January 2018 (all other eligible applicants).
You can find further details of application process here.