The NUST Global Acceleration Program (GAP) is a US Department of State sponsored program that aims to give exposure and acceleration to Pakistan-based startups that fail to interact with the international market and high-profile clients.
What You’ll Get
The program will shortlist 12 “post-revenue startups” that meet the criteria and will include them as part of NUST’s own Technology Incubation Center for a 12-month period. NUST mentions that
for every founder per selected startup, the program will provide:
- Lodging and co-working space in the heart of Silicon Valley for 3 months;
- Business development opportunities with international clients & partners;
- Linkages with globally renowned mentors and domain specialists;
- Workshops & training on Go-To-Market;
- Access to the Silicon Valley investor network;
- Access to demo days and events in relevant thematic verticals;
- Sponsored office space for 12 months at NUST Technology Incubation Centre.
Moreover, candidates will be able to form connections with industry mentors, international clientele, and even investors.
According to NUST, Pakistani startups “need to leverage more advanced ecosystems with structured paths for scaling up” as Pakistan-based startups rarely get international exposure and success due to our country’s meager economical condition and technological adoption.
Eligible startups, which will work in the Technological Incubation Center for NUST for 12 months, are required to transfer 5% of their equity to NUST. Moreover, selected participants will get,
- Exposure and opportunities in the Silicon Valley for 3 months,
- Opportunity to develop connections with international investors and partners,
- Go-To-Market training and workshops,
- A chance to develop connections in the Silicon Valley,
- and much more.
The first Silicon Valley batch will begin on 1st of July, 2018. Applicants are required to submit their entry before 20th May, 2018. For more details, you can visit www.gap.tic.nust.edu.pk.