Fintech Factory is Pakistan’s first Fintech specialized accelerator in partnership with TPS, JS Bank, Sybrid, Rapidcompute, Takaful Pakistan & The Hive. The consortium is working with a vision to evolve the digital financial services industry into a global leader in innovation, financial inclusion and customer centricity.
Having won the project from Karandaaz for its Karandaaz Fintech Disrupt Challenge 2018, Fintech Factory is now moving ahead with the induction of its first cohort for the challenge. TPS, along with other partners, is bringing in diverse expertise and support on the table to give 360-degree support for the budding Fintech startup space in Pakistan.
Now that awareness sessions in Karachi, Peshawar, Abbottabad & Islamabad have come to a conclusion, interested candidates can apply for the challenge through fdc.karandaaz.com.pk. Applicants will be taken through a multistage short-listing exercise to be selected for enrollment into the acceleration program.
What awaits them on the other side is a four-month-long rigorous program where they will be assigned mentors like:
- Jake Kandall – Director, DFS Labs
- Tariq Hameed – Senior Director, Alvare & Marshall
- Qasif Shahid – Founder & CEO Finja
- Gias Khan – CEO, Eman Modaraba
- Ben Leon – Entrepreneur, DFS Labs
- Shahzad Shahid – CEO, TPS
- Habibullah Khan – Director Content, Penumbra
- Amaar Ikhlaas – Head of Branchless Banking & Digital, Bank Alfalah
- Mohsin Termezy – USAID SME Expert
- Hasnain A. Shaikh – Chairman & CEO Inov8 Limited
- Rizwan Hussain – Executive Director EFU General Insurance
- Zia Baber – PHD Scholar University of Toronto
- Faisal Aftab – Advisor to Member Planning & Regional Connectivity, Ministry of Planning Development & Reform – Government of Pakistan
- Imran Khan – Managing Director & Co-Founder at RapidCompute
The mentors will help the participants challenge their products and business models and help them acquire customers and finish their minimal viable products. Trainings and resources will be provided to the teams based on their initial needs assessment to ensure they have the expertise to take their business to the next level.
What makes Fintech Factory’s Incubation & Accelerator program unique:
- Fintech Factory is the first and only Fintech focused accelerator in Pakistan.
- It has a strong set of partners who share the same vision of boosting Fintechs in Pakistan, with capabilities covering all key areas.
- The program offers mentors with the best insight, expertise and network.
If you want to turn your Fintech idea into a success story, supported by mentors from among industry leaders, then register for the Karandaaz FinTech Disrupt Challenge – 2018. Application deadline is May 15, 2015.