The two arch-rivals, Pakistan and India, are set to go head-to-head in the Asia Cup clash on 19th September. The match between the Green Shirts and Blue Shirts will be held in Dubai in this year’s edition of the Asia Cup.
Pakistan and India are yet to play any ODI match in Dubai. The countries have previously clashed in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi and this will be the first time that Dubai will host both nations. Pakistan has enjoyed extraordinary results in UAE against India winning 19 out of the total 26 matches with India.
India was previously selected as the venue to hold the Asia Cup 2018. However, due to the opposition from Pakistan, Asian Cricket Council (ACC) shifted it to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Asia Cup 2018
The previous format of the tournament has been restored this time as it will feature 50-over games instead of T20, the shortest format of cricket.
Following nations will take part in Asia’s biggest international cricketing event:
- Sri Lanka
The qualifier’s spot will be decided between the UAE, Singapore, Nepal, Hong Kong, Oman, and Malaysia cricket teams. The qualifying round will be held from August 29 to September 6 while the tournament will start on September 15.
Sri Lanka will take on Bangladesh in the opening match of the tournament on 15th September.
Here’s the schedule for the rest of the fixtures involving Asian countries:
- Pakistan vs Qualifier in Dubai on Sept 16.
- Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan in Abu Dhabi on Sept 17.
- India vs Qualifier in Dubai on Sept 18.
- India vs Pakistan in Dubai Sept on 19.
- Bangladesh vs Afghanistan in Abu Dhabi on Sept 20.
The Super Four round will feature the following matches:
- Group ‘A’ Winners vs Group ‘B’ Runners-up in Dubai on Sept 21.
- Group ‘B’ Winners vs Group ‘A’ Runners-up in Abu Dhabi on Sept 21.
- Group ‘A’ Winners vs Group ‘A’ Runners-up in Dubai on Sept 23
- Group ‘B’ Winners vs Group ‘B’ Runners-up in Abu Dhabi on Sept 23.
- Group ‘A’ Winners vs Group ‘B’ Winners in Dubai on Sept 25.
- Group ‘A’ Runners-up v Group ‘B’ Runners-up in Abu Dhabi on Sept 26.
The final match of the Asia Cup 2018 will be played in Dubai on 28th September 2018.