The current Honda Civic (10th generation) was introduced at the end of 2015. Typically, car manufacturers refresh their models every 4 years. However, there is good news for Honda fans as the Civic – 10th generation model – will go through a mid-cycle refresh which will be launched in 2019.
Despite Honda’s claims, the cosmetic changes are minimal and not as exciting as the company may have portrayed:
- The center grille that was once embellished with a large chrome accent has now been replaced by a black one.
- The front air intakes have also been changed and are merged into a single unit – contrary to how it was before; separated into three sections.
- A new full-width front splitter
- Updated highlights
- Chrome accent on the rear bumper
There is also a brand new Sports Trim model above the base LX trim model set to be launched in the US market. This model has the following features:
- Gets rid of all the chrome accent for one piano black finish
- Has a decklid spoiler
- Center polygon chrome finished exhaust pipe
- 18-inch ten spoke wheels
- A rear bumper mimicking the style of a rear diffuser
Honda has also promised to introduce their Honda Sensing safety technology on all of its cars by 2022.
Current features of the Honda Civic 2019 include:
- Collision mitigation braking
- Forward collision warning
- Road departure mitigation
- Lane departure warning
- Lane keeping assist
- Adaptive cruise control
The interior has also received some notable changes across all variants of Honda Civic:
- Brand new 7-inch infotainment system with Apple Car play
- Android Auto
- Volume wheel
Honda has not yet announced the price of the car yet but the but it is set to be around $20,000 to $22,000.
Now comes the real question, when will this model be released in Pakistan? Considering how older generations of Honda City were dragged for a long time and the excelled sales of the current Civic model, we’d say the refreshed model might never make it to Pakistan and Honda Pakistan might just opt for the new model which is due to be released in 2020. However, there is a slight chance that new car launches might force Honda to release the refreshed 2019 model in Pakistan by June next year. Let’s hope the latter proves to be correct rather than the former.