You don’t see so many phone launches every day unless of course, you’re Asus.
Let’s see what they offer.
Design and Display
On the outside, the two phones look exactly the same, but that doesn’t mean there’s no difference between them in terms of design. The V8 has a polycarbonate plastic body while the V8 Pro has a metal construction.
For the display, the two V8 phones have a 5.7-inch HD+ (720 x 1440) resolution display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Internals and Storage
Powering the two phones is an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 processor. V8 comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB of internal storage while the V8 Pro ups it to 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage.
The V8 duo runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with Meizu’s proprietary Flyme OS on top. Both phones come with a microSD card slot as well.
This is another point of difference between the V8s. Meizu V8 has a single 13 MP camera on the back with a LED flash and a 5 MP camera up front, while the V8 Pro has 12+12 MP sensors on the rear and the same 5 MP shooter on the front.
Battery and Price
Lastly, V8 and V8 Pro are powered by a 3,200 and 3,100 mAh battery respectively. Meizu didn’t mention anything about fast charging so it’s safe to assume these two don’t have it.
The cheaper V8 is priced at CNY 799 (~Rs. 14,350) while the V8 Pro has a price tag of CNY 1,098 (~Rs. 19,750).
Meizu V8 and V8 Pro Specifications
- CPU: 8×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P22
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- OS: Android Oreo with Flyme OS
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Display: 5.7-inch with HD+ (1440 x 720) resolution 18:9 aspect ratio
- RAM: 3 (V8)/4 GB (V8 Pro)
- Internal: 32 (V8)/64 GB (V8 Pro)
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 13 MP with LED Flash (V8), 12+12 MP dual cameras with LED flash (V8 Pro)
- Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 3200 mAh (V8), 3100 mAh (V8 Pro)
- Price: (V8) CNY 799, (V8 Pro) CNY 1,098