Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has shared six tips for the general public to secure their mobile handsets, which were issued by others several years ago.
TechRadar issued 10 tips to make Mobile Phones more secure in 2014.
However, it is still a good decision in the right direction by the telecom regulator. PTA has started a campaign to create awareness among the general public about the use of mobile phones and other telecom services.
The general public appreciates PTA’s latest campaign, which would help avoid harm and ensure the beneficial use of mobile services.
With the latest development, PTA issued six tips to secure mobile handsets which are given below:
- Lock your phone using a “Pin/Password” to avoid its misuse.
- Install apps only from “trusted app stores”.
- Turn-off Bluetooth after use.
- Always encrypt your data on internal and external media.
- Install updates/patches in a timely manner.
- Always use a VPN on public Wi-Fi/un-trusted network.