The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has banned nine companies dealing in cryptocurrencies and offering Ponzi/MLM, referral marketing, pyramid business/schemes.
Such schemes, offering hefty profits and incentives, can deprive the unsuspecting public of their hard-earned money who fall prey to the inducements. It has been clarified that a mere registration of a company with SECP does not mean that it can get involved in unauthorized and unlawful activities.
The SECP has advised the public not to be misled by any schemes, deals, or plans being offered by these companies:
- Gold Transmit Network Technology (Pvt.)
- Limited, Green Apple Super Market (Pvt.) Limited,
- Galaxy Typing Jobs (SMC-Pvt.) Limited,
- 3-A Alliance (Private) Limited,
- Pak Memon Impex (Private) Limited,
- Memon Corporation (Pvt.) Limited,
- Humanitas Meritus (SMC-Private) Limited,
- IDG Enterprises (Private) Limited and
- Ayat Enterprises (Smc-Private) Limited.
The SECP has already initiated legal proceedings against these companies for winding up in terms of section 301 read with section 304 of the Companies Act, 2017.
The SECP has also issued notices to some companies involved in businesses, which are prohibited and contrary to their object clauses of the Memorandum of Association. These companies were found involved in unlawful activities such as collecting unauthorized deposits from the public, leasing of cars, houses, electronic alliances and other goods and materials, without lawful authority.
Some of these are dealing in cryptocurrencies and offering Ponzi/Multi-Level Marketing (MLM), referral marketing, pyramid schemes, employment schemes in Pakistan.