According to reports, the Prime Minister Secretariat caught fire earlier today while the PM Imran Khan and other staff were in the building.
The fire was caused by a short circuit and it engulfed the sixth floor of the building around noon today.
When the incident happened, PM Imran Khan was chairing an important meeting and refused to leave the office.
Fire breaks out at PM Secretariat Islamabad, building being evacuated pic.twitter.com/8YjKcCGgbH
— Khalid khi (@khalid_pk) April 8, 2019
However, the fire intensified and the security officials had to intervene to safely evacuate PM Khan and other staff and officials from the building.
Six fire-fighter trucks are on the scene trying to control the fire.
Fortunately, no casualty has been reported.
Deputy Commissioner Islamabad has tweeted that the nobody was harmed in the incident, which was probably caused by a short circuit.
No record, No person , no document, no furniture, not a single paper was harmed in the fire/smoke incident at the PM Office. Smoke was probably caused by short circuiting in the service duct. It was controlled in time.
— Deputy Commissioner Islamabad (@dcislamabad) April 8, 2019
This is a developing story and will be updated as we get more information.