Pakistan Meteorological Dept (PMD) has announced that a shallow westerly wave is presently affecting upper and central parts of the country. This weather system is likely to intensify on Sunday (evening/night) and will grip most parts of the country on Monday.
Under the influence of this weather system:
- Dust-thunderstorm/rain is expected at scattered places in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, northeast Balochistan, upper Punjab, Islamabad, Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir on Saturday.
- Widespread dust-thunderstorm/rain (with few moderate to isolated heavy falls) is expected in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Islamabad, Gilgit-Baltistan & Kashmir from Monday to Wednesday.
- Widespread dust-thunderstorm/rain (with few moderate to isolated heavy falls) is also expected in Balochistan from Sunday evening to Tuesday.
- Dust-thunderstorm/rain is expected at scattered places in Sindh (Sukkur, Larkana, Sh.Benazirbad, Hyderabad and Karachi divisions) on Monday and Tuesday.
- Hailstorm is also expected at isolated places during the period.
Note: Heavy falls may generate flash flooding in local nullah/riverine in Makran, Quetta, Zhob, D.G Khan divisions on Monday/Tuesday. Landslides in Malakand, Hazara divisions, Gilgit Baltistan and Kashmir are expected due to heavy rains on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Farmers are advised to take precautionary measures during the forecast period.
All concerned authorities are advised to remain alert.