Vivo has garnered a lot of attention on a global scale by coming up with some major innovations in the Smartphone industry.
The company has plans for its growth trajectory and international expansion as it is working on cutting edge products catered to more consumers around the world.
Vivo continues to place world-first features into their Smartphones to enable better smartphone experience for the customers at budgets they can actually afford.
Vivo’s Commitment to 5G & Artificial Intelligence
Vivo has its own 5G Research Institute in Beijing along with its R&D centers to set up a solid foundation for next round of the technological revolution in the 5G era.
Just last year, Vivo also established an AI Research & Development Center that advocates for an IoT ecosystem to help create a seamless experience for consumers.
Vivo completed the commercial testing of 5G on smartphones in September 2018, symbolizing a great step in bringing 5G to consumers. Currently, Vivo is offering commercial 5G smartphones in its iQOO series and the latest NEX 3.
Vivo’s World-First Features
Here are a few of Vivo’s First Innovations that reshaped the smartphone industry in the past 5 years:
- Launched the world’s thinnest smartphone at the time of its release: X1, X3, and X5Max
- First to launch a smartphone with 24MP front-facing camera: V7 and V7+
- First to put a dedicated Hi-Fi quality audio chip in a smartphone: X1
- First to launch a 20MP dual front camera smartphone: V5Plus
- First smartphone with a 2K screen and DTS surround theater system: Xplay3S
- At MWC Shanghai 2017, unveiled the industry’s first Vivo Under-Display Fingerprint Scanning Solution
- At CES 2018, displayed a ready-to-produce smartphone with the world’s first In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology and in the same month launched X20 Plus UD – world’s first In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Smartphone in China
- In Feb 2018, launched APEX Concept Smartphone – an iteration for the future full-screen smartphone. With the highest screen-to-body ratio, APEX features several innovative technologies including the Half-Screen In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology, Elevating Front Camera and Screen SoundCasting Technology.
- In June 2018, Vivo turned the APEX from concept to reality with the NEX, the world’s first smartphone with an Elevating Front Camera.
- Vivo exhibited the application of ToF in smartphones in MWC Shanghai 2018.
- In Sep 2018, launched NEX Dual Screen, incorporating a notch-free display on the front, and a second display on the back.
- In Jan 2019, Vivo launched APEX 2019, a concept phone Super Unibody Design and Full-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology ready for 5G.
- Vivo launched V15, making the Elevating Front Camera and In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology more accessible to more consumers around the world.
- Earlier this year, Vivo showcased world’s fastest 120W Super Flash Charge, that charges a 4000mAh battery phone in 13 minutes only.
- Launched the most high-end Vivo iQOO Pro 5G smartphone
Vivo will be showcasing some new features in the coming days when it launches the NEX 3 smartphone with an all-screen curved display and top of the line specifications.