Islamabad administration has launched the Durust Daam app to control illegal price hikes by shop owners in the city. Using the app, you can order groceries and fruits online at government notified rates without any delivery charges.
The free application is available on both Android and iOS. According to the Deputy Commissioner of Islamabad, Hamza Shafqaat, the app was developed by the National Information Technology Board without any government funds spent on the development.
We have launched Durust Daam app for all smart phones. Zero govt funds spent. Young entrepreneurs and startups will now buy directly from the farms/mandis and will deliver fruits and vegetables at your house on Govt rates with zero delivery charges. 🇵🇰🇵🇰✅ pic.twitter.com/ckyYqCvp9r
— Deputy Commissioner Islamabad (@dcislamabad) October 31, 2019
In addition, the app can also be used to check the DC-approved rates for different vegetables, fruits, essential commodities, and poultry.
The government has partnered with Fowrry and Sabzimandi to deliver the orders.
One downside, however, is that the service area is limited which is the reason why you cannot place orders from some far off areas of the city.
The app already has more than 10,000 downloads and the users have shown a lot of confidence in the efforts put in by the ICT administration.
How to Use Durust Daam
Here’s how it works:
- Download app from Apple Store of Android Play Store.
- Choose your preferred language – English and Urdu support available.
- Go to Vegetables or Fruits Section and click ‘Order Online’
- The app will redirect to either Fowrry or Sabzimandi, meaning that you will have to download one of these apps to avail the service.
- Download one of the apps and allow access to your location. You can also specify your location on the map.
- Choose the fruit or vegetable you want to buy and place the order.
Have you tried Durust Daam? Let us know in the comments section.