The Alternative Energy Development Board (AEDB) has approved the issuance of Letters of Support (LOS) for 11 wind power projects for Category-II under the Cabinet Committee on Energy.
NEPRA has issued the tariff for these projects, which are scheduled to financially close by November 18, 2019.
After thorough deliberations and receiving views from NEPRA, AEDB has approved the following projects:
- 50 MW ACT2 Wind (Pvt) Ltd
- 50 MW Artistic Wind Power (Pvt) Ltd
- 50 MW Din Energy (Pvt) Ltd
- 50 MW Gul Ahmed Electric Ltd
- 50 MW Indus Wind Energy Ltd
- 50 MW Lakeside Energy (Pvt) Ltd
- 50 MW Liberty Wind Power 1 (Pvt) Ltd
- 50 MW Liberty Wind Power 2 (Pvt) Ltd
- 60 MW Metro Wind Power Ltd
- 50 MW NASDA Green Energy (Pvt) Ltd
- 30 MW Transatlantic Energy Pvt Ltd
The Federal Minister for Power, Omar Ayub Khan reiterated the government’s commitment to promoting renewable energy in the country. Recently, Prime Minister Imran asked about the delay in the World Bank-sponsored alternative energy projects. This development is in response to that.