Last week, Prime Minister Imran Khan inaugurated Roshan Digital Account – a major breakthrough in the banking history of Pakistan. The State Bank of Pakistan, in collaboration with commercial banks operating in the country, will provide all banking facilities for millions of Non-Resident Pakistanis (NRPs) seeking to undertake banking, payment, and investment activities in Pakistan through Roshan Digital Account.
Pakistan’s top-tier commercial bank, UBL, is also offering the facility of Roshan Digital Account to expatriate Pakistanis. The opening of a UBL Roshan Digital Account is an entirely digital and online process with no need to visit a bank branch. The account opens and is made ready for transactions within a matter of 48 hours.
How to open a UBL Roshan Digital Account?
Opening a Roshan Digital Account with UBL is swift and easy regardless of where in the world you are. After visiting the UBL website to initiate the account opening process, follow these instructions:
- Click on ‘Apply for Roshan Digital Account’ and follow the simple steps to open a USD or PKR current account.
- Next, fill the Roshan Digital Account application form. Once you have completed the form and submitted the documents, an instant account number will be shared with you on your registered email address. The account will be activated within 48 hours.
- To manage your account and investments, you will receive an email with a link to access UBL Net-banking. Use the link to create a username and password to access and manage your account digitally.
- You will be able to view your account details including balance by logging in to UBL’s Netbanking. Once the account is open, you’ll be able to invest in Stocks and Naya Pakistan Certificates for attractive returns.
What documents are required for opening a UBL Roshan Digital Account?
All Non-Resident Pakistani Nationals (NRPs) must possess the following documents to successfully open a UBL Roshan Digital Account:
- Original scanned CNIC/NICOP/POC
- Original scanned Pakistani Passport (first 2 pages) (for NRPs, OPF members, and Government Employees posted abroad)
- Original scanned other country Passport (first 2 pages) (for POC holders, if available)
- Proof of NRP status (POC, visa, entry/exit stamps, etc.)
- Proof of Profession and Source of Income/Funds (job certificate, tax return, rent agreement, salary slips, etc.)
- Live/digital photo through Webcam
- Signature on white paper/scanned image of the signature
Who is eligible to open a UBL Roshan Digital Account?
All individual Non-Resident Pakistani Nationals (NRPs) having CNIC/SNIC/NICOP, foreign nationals having Pakistan Origin Card (POC), and employees or officials of the Federal Government or a Provincial Government posted abroad are eligible to open a Roshan Digital Account with UBL.
What are the benefits of opening a UBL Roshan Digital Account?
The Roshan Digital Account is aimed at fully integrating the Pakistani diaspora with the country’s banking and payment system. After opening a Roshan Digital Account with UBL, you’ll be able to:
- Use the UBL Digital App for accessing all account services including funds transfer, bills, and fee payments, e-commerce, and many other features. Download UBL Digital App from Play Store or App Store and register today
- Invest in Naya Pakistan Certificates (NPCs) at very attractive risk-free rates. They can send money now in their account and use UBL Netbanking to invest in Naya Pakistan Certificates to start reaping the benefit. The below table details the amazing returns.
|3 Months||6 Months||12 Months||3 Years||5 Years|
- Invest in Pakistan’s stock market
- Access investment opportunities in the Pakistani property market in the near future, including both commercial and residential real estate
To start your UBL Roshan Digital Account application, or know more about it, click here.