After teasing the Oppo A15 as one of the most advanced and stylish entry-level smartphones for over a month, the Chinese smartphone maker has finally launched the smartphone today.
Succeeding the previously launched Oppo A12, the Oppo A15 features a trendy design, a teardrop notch display, a big battery, and a triple camera system.
Design and Display
The new entry-level handset sports a square-shaped camera bump with a polycarbonate chassis and curved edges. The smartphone is built around a 6.55-inch IPS LCD with a waterdrop notch featuring HD+ (720p) resolution, 83.8% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 ratio, 268 PPI density, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Internals and Storage
The handset is driven by a MediaTek Helio P35 mobile platform complemented by 3 GB RAM and 32 GB onboard storage, expandable via a microSD card slot.
The software front is handled by Android 10 OS with ColorOS 7.2 on top.
Oppo A15 comes with a triple sensor rear camera setup with a 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP configuration. For selfies, it is equipped with a 5 MP lone sensor.
Battery and Pricing
The whole package is fueled by a 4230 mAh battery with 10W fast charging over the dated MicroUSB port.
It will be available for sale shortly at a $203 price tag. The exact date for sales has not been revealed yet.
Oppo A15 Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- OS: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE,
- LCD capacitive touchscreen, 6.55 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Primary: 12 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP
- Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, MicroUSB, headphone jack
- Fingerprint scanner: rear-mounted
- Battery: 4230 mAh
- Price: $203