Kia revealed on their social media page on Friday that the brand new Kia Carnival is now available for sale in Pakistan.
The latest model, while still a minivan, has been greatly influenced by the SUV design. With a slightly longer nose, wider wheelbase, and shorter front and rear overhangs, it looks more poised and aggressive for a minivan.
According to the announcement, the Kia Carnival is being presented in the GLS and the GLS+ variants. In terms of the powertrain, they will both will feature a 3.5-liter naturally aspirated V6 petrol engine that makes 270 horsepower, 331 newton-meters of torque, and will be mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
In terms of convenience and safety features, the Carnival has the latest and arguably the best technology in the Pakistani market. The important features in both the variants are:
- Driver, Passenger, Side, Curtain, and Knee Airbags
- Hill-Start Assist Control
- Vehicle Stability Management
- ISO Fix Child Anchors
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electric Parking Brake with Auto Hold
- Park Assist Sensors – Forward and Reverse with Switch
- Rear View Camera
- 11 Seat Belts
- Wireless Charger
- Push Start
- Central Door Lock
- Steering Column Tilt and Telescopic
- Steering Wheel Material Leather-Wrapped
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Steering Controls
- 4.2″ Cluster TFT LCD + Rheostat
- 8″ Infotainment with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay with Bluetooth
- AUX/USB Connectivity
- Automatic 3 Zone Climate Control
- Power Seats Driver + Passenger
- Heated Seats for Driver + Passenger + 2nd row seats (GLS with Driver + Passenger only)
- Smart Power Sliding Door
- Dual Sunroof
- Smart Automatic Tailgate
- Auto Light Control
- Electronically Retracting and Heated Side Mirrors
The GLS+ variant adds extra features for convenience and style to the above-mentioned features. Although the new design is appealing, the Carnival is still a minivan that appeals to a limited crowd.
Additionally, the GLS variant costs Rs. 8.7 million whereas the finest GLS+ variant costs Rs. 9.5 million, which makes it a costly vehicle. Still, the vehicle has attractive styling, a myriad of technical features, a lot of comforts, and a seating capacity of 11 passengers.
While Rs. 8.6 million may be a lot of money, the brand new Kia Carnival arguably is ‘a lot of car’ for all its worth.