Last Friday, it was revealed that the Lahore City Traffic Police has finally introduced a digital driver’s license issuance system. It is being claimed that the system has been fully rolled out and now, the applicants will not have to wait in long queues for multiple hours to obtain or renew their driver’s licenses.
The process has been divided into two main stages and here’s what each stage entails:
- Stage 1:
- The applicants must obtain a token number.
- Secondly, they must have their photograph taken.
- In the final step of stage 1, the candidates must perform a computerized theoretical, multiple-choice-based test.
- Stage 2:
- The candidates must then perform a driving test.
- Once the driving test is cleared, the candidates can then obtain their driver’s license.
The officials stated that the test allows the staff to practice a fair and unanimous system for all candidates and that no one is given an exclusive ‘VIP protocol’ in the license obtaining procedure.
The public also commended the initiative, stating that the new system allows for a swift and convenient obtaining or renewal of the driver’s license. The applicants affirmed that the system is indeed fair and that there is no ‘VIP culture’ being practiced in the presence of the new system.
Reports also suggest that the system shall be established across the entire province soon.