The long wait of automotive enthusiasts is finally coming to an end as Hyundai Nishat Motors is set to launch the much-awaited Hyundai Sonata on 5 July.
Earlier this month, it was reported that Hyundai Nishat Motors imported 456 CKD kits for their Sonata lineup that suggested the official launch was getting closer.
Hyundai Sonata will be priced between Rs. 8-8.5 million and will compete against Honda Accord and Toyota Camry which are available for Rs. 18 million and Rs. 12 million in the Pakistani market.
Let’s have a detailed look at the main features of the Hyundai Sonata:
Hyundai Sonata will be launched in two variants in Pakistan; 2000cc and 2500cc. The former produces 152 horsepower and 192 newton-meters (Nm) of torque, while the latter produces 191 horsepower and 245 Nm of torque. The base variant is mated to a 6-speed automatic, while the top-trim variant is mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox.
Being an executive sedan, Hyundai Sonata will have some premium features. Here are features that are expected in the vehicle:
- Dual Airbags
- Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
- Modern 8-inch Infotainment Unit
- Wireless Charger
- Push Start Button
- Nappa-Leather Seats
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Front + Rear Parking Sensors
- Rear Camera
- Dynamic Guidelines
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Advanced Lane Keep Assist/Departure Warning System
- Blindspot Monitoring
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) technology
- Hill-start Assist and Descent Control
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Dual LED Projection Headlights
- Retractable Rear Seat Shade (Top trim only)
- Heads Up Display (Top trim only)
- 6 Airbags (Top trim only)
As discussed above, Hyundai Sonata will come with a price tag between Rs. 8-8.5 million.
Although Hyundai Sonata cannot be considered cheap, it is certainly more affordable than Honda Accord and Toyota Camry, which is likely to offer Sonata great leverage over its competitors.