Want to know how to check property ownership in Pakistan online?
- You can find all Punjab and Sindh property records online at www.punjab-zameen.gov.pk and sindhzameen.gos.pk respectively.
- Select your district, tehsil and area from the drop-down list.
- Enter your CNIC number or property number to check property ownership in Pakistan.
For many years, people faced difficulty in checking ownership of the property. There was no online system for people to check online property or land records. In the old system, people had to deal with Patwaris. The old system was slow and was the main cause of corruption in property or land-related matters.
To stop this corruption and making this property ownership process easy, the Government of Pakistan decided to make an online system for property and land records. However, this system is not available for all provinces of Pakistan.
Only Punjab and Sindh Government have launched the online facility for checking property ownership. In this article, we will guide you about how to check property ownership in Pakistan online.
Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA)
The Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA) launched a system for land and property records. People who have a property in Punjab can check the records via the online Land Records Management Information System (LRMIS). The Punjab Land Record Authority manages all the land and property related matters in the province.
How to check property ownership
All the records of property and land are available on Punjab Zameen official website. The steps to check the property and land ownership in Punjab are the following:
- Visit Punjab Zameen Official website https://www.punjab-zameen.gov.pk/
- On the homepage of the website, you can search the ownership details.
- First, select the district from the drop-down menu. You have to select the district where property or land is located.
- Now select the Tehsil from the drop-down menu.
- After that select Area where your property is located from the drop-down menu.
- In the next step, you will be given three options to search. You can search it by CNIC, by Name or Khewat number (Property number).
- If you want to search it by CNIC then you need to write the 14 digits of your CNIC.
- After that press enter
Punjab Land Record Authority (PLRA) has also launched the mobile app for it. However, it is available for only Android users.
Benefits of LRMIS (Land Record Management Information System)
- Less time required to complete the process of mutation (transfer of Property).
- Can easily check the records from your home.
- No need to pay any fee.
- Bio-metric verification and incorporation with NADRA guarantees the valid record of the property.
- You don’t have to pay to patwari, to search the ownership of the property.
- No Corruption.
The Sindh Board of Revenue has also launched this online system for people owning property in Sindh. Just visit https://sindhzameen.gos.pk/PropertyRegister.aspx and check the ownership of property or land. The Sindh Board of Revenue manages all matters regarding property and land in the province.
This online system has made the life of people and they can easily search the ownership in their home. This digitization of land and property records is a great step from the government of Pakistan and we hope that the KPK and Balochistan government also launch this online system for property records. We hope that now you know how to check property ownership in Pakistan online.