When it comes to the performance and longevity of your PS4, keeping it clean must be your top priority. Just like other electronic devices, dust tends to build up over time inside the PlayStation which can cause it to heat up and damage its hardware. So, in order to avoid hardware failure and diminished performance, you need to clean your PS4 from inside every once in a while. Which brings us to the topic of this article: How to clean your PS4 from inside.
Also Read: How to buy PS5 in Pakistan
Cleaning Your PlayStation 4
PlayStation is sturdy enough that can withstand wear and tear over the years. However, accumulated dust can do a number on its performance and reliability. Therefore, to remove all the dust from inside, you need to follow the instructions given in this guide.
Warning: Cleaning your PS4 from inside will void any warranty claim. So, if your PlayStation is still in warranty, then we recommend not to open it up.
In order to clean your PS4 from inside, you must have the following tools.
- Microfiber dry cloth
- Cotton bud
- Can of compressed air
- T9 or T8 screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
Procedure | How to Clean Your PS4 from Inside
Once you have gathered all the required tools, it’s time to start the cleaning process. Just follow the given instructions.
- Turn off your PlayStation and unplug the console from its power source. Remove all the cables.
- Now place the console on a hard surface and locate four screws at the back of the PS4.
- Two screws will be covered with warranty stickers so, peel them off.
- After that, use T9 or T8 screwdriver to unscrew all the screws at the back.
- Once you have unscrewed all of the screws, remove the bottom half of the console carefully.
- Now use the can of compressed air to clean all the dust from internal components. Spray the compressed air anywhere you see the dust. Just avoid spraying the compressed air too much.
Note: Use the compressed air in short bursts and keep at least 5 to 6 inches of space between the nozzle and the internal components.
- The main part which needs cleaning is the fan, so remove the screws that are holding the power supply with the help of Phillips screwdriver and T9 or T8 screwdriver.
- Once all the screws have been removed, lift the power supply very carefully and move it aside, making sure that power supply is not disconnected.
- After that, use the compressed air again to blow off all the dust from the fan. Aim the compressed air such that all the dust blows off and away from the fan. Remember to always use the compressed air in short bursts.
- Now take a cotton bud and clean all the dust from fan blades.
- Once you’re satisfied with the cleaning, put all the parts back together and clean the exterior with the dry microfiber cloth.
Cleaning Hard Drive Bay
This is just an optional step because this part will not have the same amount of dust as compared to the fan section of your PS4. But, it’s ok to check all the internal components of your PS4 for optimal performance.
- To access the hard drive area, press and slide the shiny part of your PS4 to the left. Remove the screws that are holding up the cover.
- Once the cover has been removed, clean all the dust from this area with the help of cloth or compressed air.
- Now put the cover back in its place and place all the screws back to where they were originally screwed.
Well, there you have it guys! That is how to clean your PS4 from inside. If you have found this article useful, then let us know in the comments and pass it along to your friends.