Tea has been with mankind for the better part of history. From just tea to Earl Grey to Lipton, we have finally landed on a new contender for favorite drinks. A relative newcomer in the long history of tea, iced tea is now hugely popular all over the world. What makes it so special? Let’s learn how to make iced tea at home.
Also Read: Make Pizza At Home (TASTY-halal-recipe)
Iced tea is easy to make and endlessly adaptable. You can brew it light or strong. You can drink it unsweetened or sweetened. Plus, once you’ve got the basics down, you can start getting more adventurous with your recipes.
Step-By-Step | DIY
Let’s get on with the basics first!
- Start by pouring four cups of boiling water over two teabags in a heat-proof pitcher.
- Then leave it for three to five minutes.
- Now remove the teabags and sweeten to taste.
- Next, stir in six cups of ice cubes until melted, or use four cups of cold water.
- Finally, add some and you’re ready to go. Make sure you keep it refrigerated.
Now you’ve got the essentials sorted; you can think about jazzing up your recipes.
A Few Types Of Flavors | How To Make Iced Tea At Home
Fruity Iced Tea
- Bring a little tropical color to your brew by adding slivers of fresh fruit such as pineapple, peach and kiwi to the iced tea along with half a cup of sugar syrup.
- Leave the fruit to soak in the tea and a few hours later you’ll have a wonderfully tangy mixture.
- What’s more, at the end, you can eat the marinated fruit at the bottom of your glass. Seriously yummy!
Strawberry Iced Tea
For a summer refresher, try this strawberry iced tea recipe:
- While your basic iced tea is still hot, pour in 1/6 – 1/3 cup superfine or powdered sugar and stir through.
- Add 1/8 – 1/4 cup lemon juice, balancing out the combination of lemon and sugar to taste.
- Puree a pint of fresh strawberries and sieve them to remove the strawberry seeds.
- Once the tea is cool, add the strawberry puree and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Be a little experimental with these recipes. You can try different fruits with a variety of taste and texture. Make it a family event and come up with unique ingredients for your ideal iced tea.
Well, there you have it guys! This was all about how to make iced tea at home. If you have any questions, leave a comment in the section provided below.