Want to know how to make PayPal in Pakistan? Make sure that you read the whole guide because we have taken into account all the ways that you can make a working PayPal account and brought the best for the best tips for you!
History of PayPal
In 2019, one American company which remained in limelight in Pakistan was PayPal. PayPal declined the Pakistani Government offer to initiate its services in Pakistan.
The question is why the Pakistani Government wants PayPal to start its services in Pakistan. To find the answer to that question you can look at some of the stats related to freelancers and SMEs (small and medium).
Pakistan is the fourth largest freelancer community in the world. According to an estimate of Payoneer, Pakistani freelance community bring about $1 billion to Pakistan via other sources.
According to one estimate Pakistan has around 200,000 freelancers and over 7,000 registered SMEs (small and medium). If you look at stats you will see that a lot of people can use the services of PayPal.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an American company which provide online payments system to people worldwide. PayPal enables you to pay, send money and accept payments online. PayPal charges a fee in exchange for their services like one-click transactions and password memory.
PayPal is one of the most secure and fastest ways to send and receive money online. PayPal provides its services in 202 markets and it has 286 million active, registered accounts. You can send, receive and hold funds in 25 currencies worldwide if you have a PayPal account.
PayPal was established in December 1998 as Confinity. In March 2000 Confinity was merged with X.com. Elon Musk founded X.com which later changed its name to PayPal in 2001. You can use PayPal on your smartphone. PayPal app is available both in android and IOS.
Benefits of Using PayPal
PayPal is a simple and fast way to send, receive money and buy things online. On many websites, you will see PayPal as the preferred method of payment. There are several benefits of PayPal and some of it is given below:
· Flexibility for Sellers
PayPal enables sellers to accept payments from buyers quickly and easily.
PayPal allows its members to make an instant transfer of money. PayPal members can transfer money from PayPal accounts to bank accounts in less than 24 hours.
PayPal transaction fee is also low and affordable for many people. The fee to use PayPal is 30 cents per transaction, plus 3% of the total amount of the transaction.
· Safe Buying
PayPal members offer guarantees to buyers and sellers as well. They have a process for disputed transactions so a buyer won’t have to worry when they did not get what they have ordered.
· Account Privacy
PayPal gives users protection and provides a much better level of account protection as compared to competitors.
· Ease of Record Keeping
PayPal members can easily keep track of all the transactions.
· Acceptance Online
Most e-commerce website uses PayPal as their payment method. So members of PayPal can easily shop on these websites.
Why International E-commerce players and Freelancers need PayPal?
We all know that Pakistan E-commerce and the freelance market has huge potential. Small companies in cities like Sialkot and Faisalabad have the potential to set up their brands online and sell their products internationally. All international customers trust PayPal and PayPal research shows exactly that.
With PayPal as your payment gateway can increase sales of your e-commerce website by up to 50 per cent. Trust is one of the important factors in e-commerce and freelancing.
With PayPal, our people can get more business from international customers due to the trust factor in PayPal. People who are running their e-commerce websites and getting work from sites like Fiverr, Upwork and People per hour use the accounts of their relatives who are living abroad. With PayPal, they can easily receive payments from international clients.
Due to no availability of PayPal in Pakistan, people search a lot about “How to make PayPal in Pakistan”. People search about PayPal on Google and ask like questions like
- Can you use PayPal in Pakistan
- Is PayPal banned in Pakistan
- How can I withdraw money from PayPal in Pakistan
These are the questions that people ask more often so we will try to answer all of them in this article but first, we will tell you about “How to make PayPal in Pakistan”. We are going to answer everyone of them in this article.
To make a PayPal account in Pakistan you need to follow some steps. However, if you have a relative abroad who has a PayPal account then you don’t need to fill sign up form on PayPal.
PayPal Sign Up
To create a PayPal account you need to follow some guidelines:
- Open the PayPal website.
- Click on Sign Up for free.
- Click on the Personal Account or business depending on your needs and then click on the “Next”.
- Enter your email address and create a password. Choose a strong password so that nobody else can access your PayPal account.
- Enter a valid email address because you have to verify your account.
- Now fill out all the information required to create PayPal account.
- You must have a valid address of any country where PayPal is operating because PayPal does not operate in Pakistan.
- After filling all the relevant information, you need to confirm your email address. If you don’t confirm your email address then you will not be able to receive payment.
- You can confirm your email address by going into your mail.
- Click on “Yes, this is my email” button in the email message to confirm your email address.
You can create a business account as well and PayPal offers two options in business account category. One is the standard account and other is a pro account. In the standard account, customers must route through PayPal to check out.
In Pro accounts, you get full control over how you want to design the checkout process. The cost of this account is $30 per month. The Standard free business account is best for users who buy and sell a lot of things on eBay.
Creating a Payoneer Account
If you want to receive payment from international clients in Pakistan then you must have to create a Payoneer Account. Payoneer is being accepted in 200+ countries with 150+ currencies making it widely accessible. Here are some steps to create a Payoneer Account.
- Open Payoneer website.
- To create Payoneer account, you must have an email account if you don’t have then create your any email Account.
- After that Click on the “Sign Up Now” to Apply for Payoneer Account.
- Now fill out all relevant information.
- You need to enter your email address and choose a password for the account.
- After that fill out contact details like your city name, zip code of your city.
- Enter the mobile number and click on next.
- Your account will be created and you just need to confirm your email address.
Guidelines to Apply for Payoneer card
After successfully creating a Payoneer account, you need to apply for Payoneer Card to receive payments from PayPal. Here are some guidelines:
- To apply for a Payoneer card, you must have a valid bank account.
- You will be required to enter your IBAN (account number).
- Now type user name and password.
- Select a security question
- Now enter your CNIC and click on the order
Congratulations you have successfully created Payoneer account but the process is not over yet. First, your card will be approved which will take 1 to 2 days and your card will be shipped in 3 to 4 weeks.
Activating your Payoneer Card
After receiving the Payoneer card, you must activate it and do that we have to login into our Payoneer account. Here are guidelines for activating Payoneer card:
- Login in to your Payoneer account.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Click on “Login”.
- Click on the “View your status and activate your card”.
- Click on Activate.
- Now click on Card Activation.
- After that enter your 16 digit card number and choose 4 digits secret pin.
- Now click on agree to the cookies policies.
- Click on the “Activate”
Congratulations your Payoneer card is activated and ready for use.
You all will be thinking that we have made a Payoneer account and “how we are going to receive payments for international clients or customers as we haven’t linked our bank account to PayPal.
So the next step will be about linking PayPal account with Payoneer account. When you login into your PayPal account you will see that your account status is unverified.
As PayPal does not operate in Pakistan so you will need a bank account from the United States to get verified PayPal Account in Pakistan. This is where your Payoneer account comes into play because it allows you to send or receive funds through PayPal.
Payoneer is an online transaction making company and you can link its account with PayPal easily.
You have Payoneer Debit Master Card which allows you to withdraw funds from any ATM of Bank Alfalah, MCB Bank, Standard Chartered Bank & Faysal Bank.
Linking Payoneer Account with PayPal Account
This is the most important step in “How to make PayPal Account in Pakistan”. Here are some steps to you should follow to link your Payoneer account with PayPal account:
- Open the PayPal website.
- Login in to your PayPal account.
- Now enter your email address and password
- After signing in your PayPal account, click on “Link a bank” option on your Account Summary page to get started.
- If your bank is listed then you just need to enter your online banking login information to automatically link your account.
- If your bank is not listed then you need the account number and routing number.
- To find account number and routing number of Payoneer account you need to login into Payoneer account.
- Activate option of US Payment Service.
- Now click on “Receive Money” option.
- After clicking on US Payment Service, you will find Routing Number and as well USA Virtual Account No.
- Now enter that Routing Number and USA Virtual Account No in your unverified PayPal account.
- After that, you will receive two small deposits that will be sent to your Payoneer account by PayPal. You will be able to see those deposits after 2 to 3 working days.
- After receiving deposits sent by PayPal and log in again into your PayPal account.
- After signing in you need to put the same amount that you received on Payoneer account into your PayPal account
- Your PayPal account will be verified automatically.
This is the legal way to use PayPal in Pakistan and please don’t fall into the traps of scammers. They will sell you fake PayPal accounts for some Rupees. So try to follow these steps and make a legal PayPal account in Pakistan.
If you can afford to travel to Dubai, USA or any other country where PayPal has its operation then you can create a PayPal account. Just open a bank account in Dubai and simply signup from there.
Xoom is PayPal Service that enables users to electronically transfer funds and allows its users to send money, pay bills and reload mobile phones from the United States and Canada to 131 countries.
Xoom is a money transfer service owned by PayPal which has its operation in Pakistan. When the Pakistan Government was collecting donations for building two dams in October 2018, they used Xoom as well to receive donations from people.
Many people are not familiar with this method and they fall prey to scammers by buying PayPal Account. You can create and access your PayPal in Pakistan. You just have to complete some steps to ensure secure payment into your PayPal account.
Most of the Pakistanis are using PayPal through this method. They use their Payoneer Debit Master card to authenticate the signup and can access their PayPal account from Pakistan.
PayPal is not banned in Pakistan, it’s just PayPal does not operate in Pakistan yet but people are hopeful that PayPal will start its operation in Pakistan.
Now you know all the steps to create PayPal account in Pakistan and you also know how to withdraw funds from PayPal account in Pakistan. If you’re a freelancer or just starting a company that will sell its services or products internationally then Payoneer is your best bet.