Each of Pakistan’s provinces has a different Vehicle Registration System with unique taxes and independent processes for vehicle registration and renewals. However, the Excise Department has developed a Motor Transport Information Management System — MTMIS Punjab — an automated and in-house vehicle registration information system that provides the status of the vehicle registration with all the key details. Also, anyone planning to buy or sell a car can easily verify vehicle ownership using the MTMIS.
Advantages of Online Vehicle Verification
- Helpful in avoiding legal issues.
- Protection from vehicle fraud.
- Availability of the entire history of the automobile.
- A complete record of taxes and current status.
- Saves the owner from unpaid taxes or fines.
- Provides information about cars and bikes.
- Information about whether a vehicle has been cleared by the MTMIS Punjab.
MTMIS Punjab Vehicle Verification of Registered Vehicles – Online Method
- Go to the official website.
- Enter your vehicle number in the box.
- Select ‘I’m not a robot’.
- Hit ‘Search’.
- You will receive the following information:
Year of make
Recent taxes (paid or due)
MTMIS Punjab Vehicle Verification of Registered Vehicles — Offline Method
You can visit the Excise, Taxation, and Narcotics Control Department of the Government of Punjab to get your issue resolved. Don’t forget to take your vehicle registration book, license plate number, token tax record, return file, sale receipt, sale invoice, and delivery letter with you.
MTMIS Punjab Vehicle Verification of Registered Vehicles — SMS Method
If you are not comfortable visiting the excise office or don’t want to check online for some reason, there’s an option to do it via SMS. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open the SMS App.
- Enter your vehicle’s enrollment number and SMS it to 8785.
- You will get the following information:
To check vehicle verification methods for different provinces, check out our previous guide on the same subject.
Did this guide help you? Share your thoughts in the comments section.