Are you in the mood to purchase a pre-loved vehicle? You’ll have to get its possession, excise taxation record, and other documents verified by an authority before you bargain. If you don’t, you can face legal issues in case the vehicle was illegally bought by its previous owners, used for illegal activities, or is a stolen asset. In this post, we’ll share how to verify vehicle ownership in Pakistan online.
Previously, the verification procedure used to be slow and difficult. Thanks to the upgrades in technology, this process is now quick and easy. All you need to do is send one text and you’ll be sent all necessary details within seconds. Taxation and excise details will also be sent to you.
Stolen Vehicle Identification System
The Pakistani government introduced the Stolen Vehicles Identification System (SVIS) back in 2013. This is a beneficial system to curb the resale of stolen vehicles and to locate lost vehicles. If you SMS the chassis number of your vehicle to 8521 from anywhere in Pakistan, from any mobile network, you’ll be sent further information on your cell phone.
How To Verify Vehicle Ownership in Pakistan Via Mobile?
- Open the SMS application on your mobile phone.
- Type in your vehicle’s chassis number in the text box like this: CNO ABCXXXXX.
- Send to 8521.
- You’ll receive all the required information within seconds like this:
Status (Stolen/ Recovered)
RNO: Registration Number
ENO: Engine Number
CNO: Chassis Number
Besides the SMS facility, you can also verify your vehicle’s status online. For car verification online, visit the following links:
- Sindh’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
- Punjab’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
- KPK’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
- Balochistan’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
For online verification, click on the links provided above. When the page loads, feed in the vehicle number in capital letters. Verify yourself through the recaptcha and click the search button. After this, you’ll be asked to provide the complete information regarding the vehicle you want to know about. Good luck!